Discovering my inner farm girl

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What kind?

I think I have decided what kind of chickens I want, if we can have them.  I will get Black Australorps and Buff Brahmas.  They both have positive feedback from other chicken enthusiasts.   The Black Australorps are said to be friendly, prolific layers, heat and cold tolerant, and some say they are the best if you will have your kids helping you care for them.  The Brahmas are also said to be friendly and tolerant to cold and heat.  They are average egg layers and soft, feather footed chickens.  They both lay brown eggs.  I initially wanted a variety of colors in my egg basket, but more than that I want friendly, easy going chickens that we will love.  That is all I have to scratch out for now.  Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment